You can save money and reduce your monthly bill by an average of $10 to $20.
That’s an average savings of $120 or $240 per year!
Cable companies makes a great deal of money from renting their equipment to their customers.
Why continue to pay for renting their equipment?
Let’s dive in.
Return TV Box and Remote
As you can see in the bill above I was paying $22.63 a month for the TV Box and Remote from Xfinity each month. I had one TV Box in the living room and one in the bedroom.
However, a TV Box is no longer needed to enjoy the TV service from Xfinity.
Start Streaming – Xfinity Stream
The Xfinity TV plan allows customers to stream thousands of On Demand shows and movies on any screen. Even schedule DVR recordings on the go.
Comcast is working with equipment manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to compatible Roku devices, Samsung Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs and other Partner Devices. The Xfinity Stream app offers live broadcast channels, linear cable channels, cloud recordings and video on demand, all without having to rent an Xfinity TV Box from Comcast
The Xfinity Stream app is convenient and easy to use.
Xfinity TV Partner Devices
You have several options for getting the best out of your TV plan without a TV Box with these devices:
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV (coming soon)
- Andriod and iOS mobile devices
- Computers and laptops
I personally purchased two Roku Express for two bedrooms for about $27.00 each. In the long run I spent less than the monthly cost to rent the equipment. Also, in the living room I have a Samsung Smart TV.
Nonetheless, there is a cost to purchasing an Xfinity TV partner device but the good news is that the cost is one-time.
The not so good…
- No control through the X1 Voice Remote
- Movie and TV show rentals through Xfinity On Demand (Available on Roku; not available on Samsung Smart or LG TVs).
- No Pay Per View event rentals. (However, there’s plenty of online options these days)
The not so bad…
- Reduce your bill and Save money!
- Less clutter of cables by not having to attach a coaxial to the TV Box
- Stream up to five devices at the same time
Say good-bye to monthly equipment charges to your bill!
If you have more cost saving ideas then I would love to hear from you below.